Friday, December 26, 2014

January 2015 TBR

January, for me at least, is going to be the month of marathoning the fantasy I want to get to the absolute most, cramming every last bit of the the good stuff I've been waiting for, into my reading schedule before I go back to school on the twentieth. In theory. Maybe. We'll just how this goes.

The conclusion to Rae Carson's trilogy is a MUST. I LOVE it and HAVE to know how it ends. Everything else? Bit of a game of pick up the stack, read the first few pages, and go with what sticks.[Aside from Storm Front which is a buddy read with one of my old blogging buddies so I'm eager to start that!] But I would also like to finish a couple of the other books that I'm currently in the middle of because I hate having books sitting on my Currently Reading Shelf for too long. Guess we'll see where the month takes me, but for now...

Presto book-os!

The Bitter Kingdom (Fire and Thorns, #3)Crewel (Crewel World, #1)Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1)Origin (Corpus, #1)Rhapsody: Child of Blood (Symphony of Ages, #1)The Supergirls: Fashion, Feminism, Fantasy, and the History of Comic Book Heroines

(1) The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson [If I don't get to it in December!]
(2) Crewel by Gennifer Albin
(3) Storm Front by Jim Butcher [Buddy Read!]
(4) Origin by Jessica Khoury
(5) Rhapsody: Child of Blood by Elizabeth Haydon
(6) The Supergirls: Fashion, Feminism, Fantasy, and the History of Comic Book Heroines by Mike Madrid

6 comments:

  1. I haven't even thought about making a 2015 tbr. I feel like I'm so out of the loop. I guess so far, I think my goal for 2015 is reading a mixture of new reads and books that I already own but haven't read yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's an excellent plan! I tend to go too far in one direction, either reading only things that I already have [which tends to make me feel really locked in] or only new things which means nothing that has been on my TBR for awhile gets read.

      I wouldn't say that you're out of the loop at all. [:

      Delete
  2. I ought to make a 2015 tbr too but I'm such a mood reader that I tend to fail horribly at these >.< Love your picks here though, I still need to read Fire and Thorns, Jim Butcher, Cruel and Origin myself...I hope you get to ALL of these in January :D Good luck and happy new year ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I already cheated and read The Bitter Kingdom. Highly recommend sneaking the Fire and Thorns trilogy in soon! It's great. I'd rate the entire trilogy a solid four stars. [:

      Happy new year!

      Delete
  3. I've been reading fantasy all my life so for the past 2014 months…I've been reading contempt most of the time. I think I'll continue reading contemporary…there aren't many good fantasies anymore :( So sad….I hope you enjoy Rae Carson's series!! I enjoy it ;)
    www.lite-rate-ture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I'm playing a lot of catch-up in the fantasy genre...especially when it comes to adult fantasy. I've loved fantasy for a long time but I always stuck to middle grade and young adult so now I'm just devouring everything I can get my hands on. It's kind of amazing. Totally understand why you'd want to marathon contemporary, if I read one I end up reading a ton. They're just as addicting in a different way.

      And I really did enjoy Rae Carson's series. I've been recommending it to everyone I know. [:

      Delete