Friday, October 31, 2014

October 2014 Wrap-Up

So...no surprise here, but the master's program and a string of doctor visits have been kicking my butt. I've just been utterly exhausted this entire month between coursework and trying to prep for a comic convention. Which means all of my downtime has been spent watching cartoons from my childhood via Amazon Prime or Netflix, productive right? In my defense when you're a literature graduate student you spend ninety percent of your time reading, whether it be novels or theories or research, and by the end of that your brain is hella tired and you're close to being cross-eyed.

But I did manage to read a few things that weren't literary theory...yay me! I even managed to complete half my TBR...or maybe more. It's all a blur at this point! [;

But everything considered I'm still pretty happy with what I read, and what I didn't read, so I think that's what is important. And I've learned a valuable lesson about what I can and can't handle in conjunction with everything else so in theory (oh gosh there's that word again!) my TBRs will be more effective in the future. So that's a plus! Now then,

What I Read:

 The Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Fiery Heart by Richelle MeadThe Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. MaasDreams of Trespass: Tales of a Harem GirlhoodBeginning Theory: An Introduction to Literary and Cultural TheorySilver Shadows by Richelle MeadPushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1)Cocktails for Book Lovers by Tessa Smith McGovern

(3) The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas [3/5]
(4) Dreams of Trespass by Fatima Mernissi [3/5] 
(5) Beginning Theory: An Introduction to Literary and Cultural Theory by Peter Barry [4/5]
(6) Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead [5/5] 
(7) Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry [5/5] - Reread!
(8) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling [5/5] - Reread! Actually listened to the audiobook this go around WHICH WAS AWESOME.
(9) Cocktails for Book Lovers by Tessa Smith McGovern [4/5]

DNF:

The Good Thief

(1) The Good Thief by Hannah Tinti - I set this one down after a little over a hundred pages (almost the halfway point actually) and just couldn't bring myself to pick it back up. And a wise friend once told me that life is too short to force yourself through something you don't really feel like reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment