Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tiara Talk: Posting Schedules

You may have noticed that the current posting schedule on Typing Tiara is a little all over the place. I originally said that I was going to post twice a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays, and for the last few months of 2014 as well as January of 2015 I kept to that posting schedule. And then things got a little wonky in February as I started producing more reviews than normal so I started adding in a post almost every Sunday. In fact I think I actually have consistently had a post up on all three days every week so far.

As of right now, where I'm reading so much and actually wanting to discuss the vast majority of the books that I read, that posting schedule hasn't been too much trouble to keep up with. In fact, I'm scheduled out pretty far as of right now. Which is awesome because not only am I keeping up with what I originally wanted to do, but I'm exceeding it. When it comes to blogging this is totally fresh territory for me. I'm usually that girl who is flat out scrambling to make sure that my posts are in order and I'm up to date. (I think we can thank my handy dandy binder filled with calendars, scheduling, and post ideas for this one!)

But I'm not sure how this is going to go as the semester gets harder. (For those of you who are unaware, I'm in my second semester of graduate school which is crazy intense.) I want to keep it up because I like having the fresh content but I don't want to put more pressure on myself either.

So I'm coming to you guys for some advice. (These kinds of Tiara Talks are my absolute favorite!) 

For Bloggers: How do you guys decide on a posting schedule that works for you? How often do you feel it is necessary to post? And, how do you deal with the guilt that comes around when you don't stick to your posting schedule? I mean, I hate it when I realize that I should have had a post up and then I don't. Or when I post a review later than I should, etc.

For Readers: How often do you like to see new posts up on your favorite blogs? Do you count it against those blogs when a post isn't up when it normally is?

No comments:

Post a Comment