Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where a new topic is given each week by the host blog and participants write up a corresponding list of ten things. Simple, fun, and great for those obsessed with lists. This week's topic is: Ten Book Related Problems I Have (could be serious or fun!)
(1) I am absolutely terrible about going into a bookstore, usually one of the used bookstores that I frequently haunt, and buying books simply because I recognize the title or cover...and then I usually end up donating them later because they aren't something that I would really be interested in.
(2) I am the queen of picking up a book, setting it aside, and then not getting back to it for months (sometimes years).
(3) If I love a book (such as Little Women or Gone With the Wind or Alice in Wonderland) I tend to want every cover available. That's right...I collect multiple editions.
(4) If I buy a book new chances are I won't break the spine. Even if it's a super tight mass market paperback and it's a gigantic fantasy novel. UNLESS I own the rest of the series used and the spines are cracked on those. Hello hand cramps!
(5) If a book is a tearjerker I'll avoid it like the plague. Usually.
(6) I'm positive that, like me, everyone around me wants books for every holiday...they just don't know it yet.
(7) I HATE owning books in the same series that don't match. ESPECIALLY if they are different sizes. My Maria V. Snyder books are an excellent example of this because I own mass market editions of two of the first books in her series and then the rest are all trade paperbacks which makes them way awkward to try and display on my shelves.
(8) My TBR pile. Enough said.
(9) Kindle sales. Really Amazon, really? You have to send me those e-mails and have those sales everywhere and just tempt me to buy even more books.
(10) The cost of shipping when ordering from Book Outlet. Hands down the biggest bookish issue I have in the universe. I love their book prices but shipping...ugh their shipping costs.