Friday, February 27, 2015

February 2015 Wrap-Up

Despite the fact that February started getting pretty insane, complete with stacks of homework that could squish a cartoon character better than an ACME anvil and appointments that kept getting switched around all over the place, I was pretty much a reading machine. I think what really helped me out was the fact that I had cleared out so many of the books that were intimidating me on my TBR pile because I was just no longer interested in reading them and as a result treated myself to some new-to-me titles. Having the fresh variety, as well as having gone through my TBR recently and refreshed my interest on certain titles, gave me the GOT TO READ THEM ALL bug.

(If only that bug applied itself better to required school reading!)

Continuing on that happy note I was able to knock a lot of the requirements off of my PopSugar 2015 Reading Challenge (you can check out which on the handy dandy checklist located HERE) and that makes me a super happy girl. Going off of what I've accomplished so far I don't think I'm going to have any problems kicking that challenge's butt, along with the other smaller goals that I've set for myself.

So without further ado...

What I Read:

Bloodfever by Karen Marie MoningThe Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1)Video Game Storytelling: What Every Developer Needs to Know about Narrative TechniquesThe Magicians' Guild (Black Magician Trilogy, #1)The Novice (Black Magician Trilogy, #2)The High Lord (Black Magician Trilogy, #3)Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)Batgirl, Vol. 5: DeadlineWaterfall (River of Time, #1)The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)Dark Hollow (Hidden Heritage #1)Crewel (Crewel World, #1)My Best EverythingThe Trouble with Flying (The Trouble Series #1)Furies of Calderon (Codex Alera, #1)Wild Hearts (If Only . . ., #4)More Than Exes (Chasing The Dream)More Than Music by Elizabeth BriggsTo All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #1)Of One Blood by Pauline Elizabeth Hopkins

(1) Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning [3/5]
(2) The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski [4/5]
(3) Video Game Storytelling by Evan Skolnick [3/5]
(5) The Novice (The Black Magician Trilogy #2) by Trudi Canavan [4/5]
(6) The High Lord (The Black Magician Trilogy #3) by Trudi Canavan [4.5/5]
(7) Where She Went (If I Stay #2) by Gayle Forman [5/5]
(8) Batgirl, Volume Five: Deadline by Gail Simone [3.5/5]
(9) Waterfall (The River of Time Series #1) by Lisa T. Bergren [4/5]
(10) The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines #6) by Richelle Mead [4/5]
(11) Dark Hollow (Hidden Heritage Series #1) by Tara Winters [2/5]
(12) Crewel (Crewel World #1) by Gennifer Albin [3/5]
(13) My Best Everything by Sarah Tomp [4.5/5]
(14) The Trouble With Flying (The Trouble Series #1) by Rachel Morgan [2/5]
(15) Furies of Calderon (Codex Alera #1) by Jim Butcher [3.5/5]
(16) Wild Hearts (If Only...#4) by Jessica Burkhart [2/5]
(17) More Than Exes by Elizabeth Briggs [4/5]
(18) More Than Music by Elizabeth Briggs [3/5]
(19) To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han [3/5]
(20) Of One Blood by Pauline Hopkins [2/5]

Where She Went by Gayle Forman turned out to be my favorite book of the month which definitely surprised me after my fuzzy recollections of the first book. And to think I was on the verge of turning it in to a used bookstore! Thankfully you guys intervened on its' behalf.

What were your favorite books of the month?

No comments:

Post a Comment