Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Top 15 Books/Series I Want to Read in 2015

 My name is Ash and I have an addiction to making lists...especially book lists. And apparently Top Ten Tuesday just isn't enough to satisfy that addiction.

Basically I saw this going around on youtube amongst the booktubers, thought it looked like a crazy good amount of fun [UM, LIST?!], and so of course I knew I had to do it.

TOP FIFTEEN BOOKS AND/OR SERIES I WANT TO READ IN 2015...

Let's do the thing, shall we?

 18513639

(1) Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Books 2-5) by Rick Riordan - I so dropped the ball on this one. I read the first book in the series, The Lightning Thief, towards the end of 2014 mostly because I wanted to see what all the hype was about and whether or not I actually wanted to pick up the boxed set...because gorgeous as it is, I needed to be sure. And after reading the first book? I am SO SURE I need to devour the rest. Like now.

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3)

(2) The Grisha Trilogy (Books 1-3) by Leigh Bardugo - No excuses here. I've had tons of people whom I trust implicly tell me that they loved them and that they just knew I would. I'm a little bit wary but I do want to know what the fuss is all about. Hopefully I can sneak another set amidst the textbooks.

Under the Dome: Part 1Under the Dome: Part 2

(3) Under the Dome by Stephen Kings -They're sitting on my shelf, my Nana has read the books and is addicted to show...so basically, I'm slippin' and now I HAVE TO CATCH UP.

The Three Musketeers

(4) The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas - And yes it has to be in that GOREGEOUS condition. I absolutely love this line of the classics and want them all. And this in particular I need to get to because I promised a friend that I would read the book since it's one of his absolute favorites so read it I shall. [Probably on my less aesthetically pleasing e-book version first. xD]

New Spring (Wheel of Time, #0)The Eye of the World (Wheel of Time, #1)The Great Hunt (Wheel of Time, #2)

(5) Wheel of Time Series (1-14) by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson - This is just one of those rites of passage a girl has to read her way through in order to truly belong to the fantasy/scifi fan club...so sign me on! I love the covers, I've heard nothing but good things. I'm excited. I'm more excited by the fact that these might just end up being one of my buddy reads! Guess we shall see.

 Shadow of the Hegemon (Ender's Shadow, #2)Shadow Puppets (Ender's Shadow, #3)Shadow of the Giant (Ender's Shadow, #4)Shadows in Flight (Ender's Shadow, #5)

(6) Ender's Shadow Series (2-5) by Orson Scott Card - I LOVED the original Ender's Game Series...all of the books. And to this day Ender's Game is my go-to reread book. The man himself? Not so much a fan. And I get a lot of grief over the fact that I still read his books but these series are my kryptonite. I love what was done with Ender and I need to do both sides. So It's time that I buckled down and did just that.

The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings

(7) Lord of the Rings trilogy (1-3) by J.R.R. Tolkien - I've put this trilogy on countless lists, even picked up the audiobook for the first one, and I still haven't gotten to it. Fantasy is my favorite genre...THIS MUST HAPPEN.

City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)

(8) City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare - I can't believe this series finally over...for real now. So far, by some miracle, I've avoided spoilers but that can't go on forever and I really do miss the Shadowhunter world so I think it's time to go back one last time.

Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)

(9) Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor - One of my favorite trilogies ever thus far. So the fact that I need to read it for sure next year? No brainer.

The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1)Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2)

(10) The Stormlight Archive (1-2) by Brandon Sanderson - The Mistborn Trilogy were hands down my favorite reads of the year and the entire book community is raving about Sanderson's newest. Must reads for sure.

Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)

(11) Throne of Glass Series (3) by Sarah J. Maas - I'm almost caught up on this one! I had it on hold at my local library pretty much as soon as I finished the second one but finals held me up and I couldn't go pick it up but I definitely want to read it and get myself all squared away with this series...as it stands now.

The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)

(12) Bloodlines (6) by Richelle Mead - Adrian. Sydney. Final novel of the series. I'm SO THERE.

Daughter of the Blood (The Black Jewels #1)Heir to the Shadows (The Black Jewels, #2)Queen of the Darkness (The Black Jewels, #3)

(13) The Black Jewels Trilogy (1-3) by Anne Bishop - I picked up the first two books in this trilogy ages ago because I loved these classic covers. I've read the prologue of the first one more times than I can count but I always have set it aside. 2015 will be their year to sparkle and shine.

Daggerspell (Deverry, #1)Darkspell (Deverry, #2)The Bristling Wood (Deverry, #3)The Dragon Revenant (Deverry, #4)

(14) Deverry Quartet (1-4) by Katharine Kerr - Another series I started but ultimately put down because of school insanity. I read the first hundredish pages of the first book, loved the rhythm of it then ultimately had to set it down and despite numerous breaks since then I haven't gone back to it and I really want to.

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)Red Seas Under Red Skies (Gentleman Bastard, #2)The Republic of Thieves (Gentleman Bastard, #3)

(15) Gentleman Bastard Series (1-3) by Scott Lynch - All of booktube has been raving about these books, they're constantly all over my feed, and I'm obsessed. I cannot wait to get my hands on them because I'm positive that I'm going to love and devour them just like everyone else. THEY SOUND PERFECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment