Friday, January 30, 2015

January 2015 Wrap-Up

I really want to blame January being a not so good reading month (at least in terms of my usual reading numbers...or maybe just those few months when I was reading twenty plus books...I miss that...) on school...unfortunately I didn't even start school until January 20th so that doesn't exactly work.

I guess I slipped into a bit of a reading slump when the beginning of 2015 finally rolled around. I couldn't find my reading groove, I was either reading books in entire sittings (rare) or muddling through (near constant). The books weren't quite right and my mood/heart just wasn't in it.

 I did manage to read fourteen and that's better than I thought I would (and better than I honestly thought it was going to be judging by the first half of the month) so I'm content with that. And I did say that I wanted to stress less over my reading numbers this year and technically I have stayed ahead of my Goodreads Challenge at almost all times so I'm really doing better than I'm giving myself credit for.

But I'm still hoping to be able to read ALL THE THINGS come February. But for now, let's check out January...

What I Read:

Little MenJo's BoysThe Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1)The Throne of Fire (Kane Chronicles, #2)The Serpent's Shadow (Kane Chronicles, #3)StormStorm Front (The Dresden Files, #1)Rhapsody by Elizabeth HaydonSkinnedOpen Road SummerWicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kresley ColeDark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5)Life and Adventures of Joaquin Murieta: Celebrated California BanditNotorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich

(1) Little Men by Louisa May Alcott [3/5]
(2) Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott [2/5]
(3) The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan [3/5]
(4) The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan [2.5/5]
(5) The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan [3/5]
(6) Storm by Brigid Kemmerer  [2.5/5]
 (7) Storm Front by Jim Butcher [3.5/5]
(8) Rhapsody by Elizabeth Haydon [2.5/5]
(9) Skinned by Robin Wasserman [2/5]
(10) Open Road Summer by Emery Lord [4.5/5]
(11) Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kresley Cole [3/5]
(12) Dark Needs at Night's Edge by Kresley Cole [3/5]
(13) Life and Adventures of Joauin Murieta: Celebrated California Bandit by John Rollin Ridge [1.5/5] - For School
(14) Notorious Nineteen by Janet Evanovich [3/5]

Open Road Summer by Emery Lord was EASILY my favorite book of January. What was yours?

2 comments:

  1. Reading slumps are never fun - I hope you get through it soon, Ash!

    ~Sophia @ Bookwyrming Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second that! Thankfully I think I'm finally starting to really work my way out of it. My reading has definitely picked back up again. [:

      Delete