Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The TBR Tag

Okay, so I'll admit no one actually tagged me to do this Tag but I saw it pop up on The Starry-Eyed Revue's blog and I just couldn't resist jumping on board myself because it looked like so much fun!

The tag was originally created by Rachel at A Perfection Called Books and Dana at Dana Square.

And now, without further ado, that tag itself!

(1) How do you keep track of your TBR pile?

A crazy combination of Goodreads and just storing all of my titles in my head...but mostly Goodreads. [Random fact, I also remember more of the contents of my best friend's bookshelves than she does!]

(2) Is your TBR pile mostly print or e-book?

I would say the majority of my TBR is in e-book format at this point since I can't resist those freebies but I still have tons of actual physical unread books. In the hundreds for those of you that are curious.

(3) How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?

 I am totally a mood reader. I set a small TBR every month and try to read at least half of what's on it but it will always vary by what genre I happen to be craving the most at the time.

(4) A book that's been on your TBR list the longest?

  Moby-Dick

 Yeah...I was supposed to read this in high school for my Advanced Literature course...never happened. Got an A on my paper though!
(5) A book that you recently added to your TBR pile? 

(6) A book on your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover:

 Entwined

And the most ironic part about this being on my TBR strictly because of the gorgeous cover? I BOUGHT IT AS AN E-BOOK. I couldn't help it...$1.99 was way better than the full price of the hardcover. 

(7) A book on your TBR that you NEVER plan on actually reading:

Fated (Soul Seekers, #1)

I read the first few books of her The Immortals series and thought they were okay but something about this one just doesn't appeal to me. I pick it up occasionally but I don't even really skim the first page before moving on. I just can't see myself giving it a try ever.

(8)  An unpublished book on your TBR that you're excited for:

 Breaking the Rules (Pushing the Limits, #1.5)

 Noah and Echo are one of my favorite book couples EVER so of course I can't read their next story together! [And yes, I've totally already pre-ordered this beauty.]

(9) A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read except you:

 The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1)

It seems like even all of my non-reader friends have read this one! And being that I'm such a big fan of fantasy I can't believe I'm the last hold-out...and that I own that gorgeous physical copy plus the audiobook....no excuses.

(10) A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you:

Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)

I have officially lost track of how many people have told me that I need to read this.

(11) A book on your TBR that you're dying to read:

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)

Technically this one hasn't been added to my TBR just yet but that's only because I haven't picked it, and the fourth one, up from the library yet. But its definitely the book I'm dying to read next. I am so very addicted to this series.

(12) The number of books on your Goodreads TBR shelf?

*gulp* 2,129...Mind you, a lot of those are probably Kindle freebies that I snatched up and probably will never get around to BUT STILL HOLY GEEBUS.

And I tag:

The lovely Bekah over at Bookish Reverie.

No comments:

Post a Comment