Tuesday, September 9, 2014

September 2014 TBR

 I have a feeling going back to school is going to be a double-edged sword when it comes to reading. Yes, I'll be reading a lot of the books from my TBR each month (because they will be assigned) but I won't have nearly as much time for pleasure reading...nor will reading the school books really be helping me diminish my physical TBR Pile of Doom. (Which has been one of my big goals this year.) Which means that starting this month my monthly TBR Piles will probably always be half required reading for school (a number of which will be rereads this semester, for one class at least) and the other half will be books that are mostly wishful thinking so far as actual reading is concerned. Probably. Maybe.

I'm still hoping to read around ten books each month (even though I've done the math recently and discovered that this won't have me coming in anywhere near close to my Goodreads Goal of reading 200 books...so I'll have to make that up SOMEWHERE). But for now I'm going to continue just setting my monthly TBR at six, hoping that I at least read half of it, and muddling along as best I can.

Oh look, my TBR:

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet Assassin's Quest (Farseer Trilogy, #3)Scarlet SongThe Abandoned Baobab: The Autobiography of a Senegalese WomanNervous ConditionsI Swear by Lane  Davis

(3) Scarlet Song by Mariama Ba (Reread for school.)

No comments:

Post a Comment