Friday, September 5, 2014

August 2014 Wrap-Up

Well, August wasn't nearly as good for my TBR pile as the previous month but I still managed to read the required three of six books so that's something! Between health problems, graduate school starting (it's my first semester), and all kinds of family insanity August was a challenging month to find time to read...and again I resorted to vegging out on Netflix rather than picking up a book. (Definitely hoping to learn to manage that better in coming months!)

I think my two favorite books of the month would have to be Fahrenheit 451 and Assassin's Apprentice, though Between Shades of Gray definitely earned itself an honorable mention. I'm also extremely proud of myself for reading a variety of books and not just sticking to a single genre; something we all know I'm good at is falling into a bit of a "marathon" where I will only read a single genre. I managed to read a classic, literary fiction, YA historical fiction, romance, mystery, urban fantasy, and straight up fantasy all in a single month.

And finally, the list of what I read in its' entirety:

 A Study in Sherlock by Laurie R. KingFahrenheit 451 by Ray BradburyDevil's Bride and A Rake's Vow by Stephanie LaurensBetween Shades of Gray by Ruta SepetysMumbo Jumbo by Ishmael ReedEver After (The Hollows, #11)Assassin's Apprentice (Farseer Trilogy, #1)Royal Assassin by Robin HobbTied Up, Tied Down (Rough Riders, #4)

(1) A Study in Sherlock edited by Laurie R. King and Leslie S. Klinger [4/5]
(2) Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury [5/5]
(3) Devil's Bride and A Rake's Vow by Stephanie Laurens [2/5]
(4) Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys [5/5]
(5) Mumbo Jumbo by Ishmael Reed [2/5]
(6) Ever After by Kim Harrison [4/5]
(7) Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb [4.5/5]
(8) Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb [4/5]
(9) Tied Up, Tied Down by Lorelei James [3/5]

(All the links above will take you directly to the Goodreads page for that particular book so that if you're curious you can learn more about the various titles that I managed to read this month.)

No comments:

Post a Comment