Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Desert Island

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where a new topic is given each week by the host blog and participants write up a corresponding list of ten things. Simple, fun, and great for those obsessed with lists. This week's topic is: July 22: Top Ten Characters I Would Want With Me On A Deserted Island (pick based on however you want...skills they would bring, their company...or pure hotness factor :P).

 Poison Study (Study, #1)Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)Mistborn: The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1)Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1)Wild Magic (Immortals, #1)

(1) Yelena from Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder - One of my favorite kickass female characters and she's super resourceful. 
(2)  Katsa from Graceling by Kristin Cashore - Just in case there's something dangerous on this desert island she's definitely a character that I'd want in my corner. Her Grace could save us all!
(3) Vin from the Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson - I don't want to say too much, because I'm afraid of handing out spoilers...but she is hands down one of my favorite characters ever and I'd love to have her on my desert island team.
 (4) Sirantha Jax from the Sirantha Jax Series by Ann Aguirre - She ALWAYS seems to find her way out of everything. Of course I'd want her with me, I'm pretty sure she's my way OFF the island.
(5) Daine from the Immortals Quartet by Tamora Pierce - Who better to help with the wildlife of said desert island?


I'm sure there are plenty of FANTASTIC characters that I'm forgetting about...but over all I'm pretty happy with the team that I've assembled. [And look! I didn't cheat and include any novelizations with Ironman, the Avengers, or the Doctor...I'm pretty sure I deserve a cookie for that.]

4 comments:

  1. YES to Daine – I'm so glad to see her popping up on other people's lists, too! LOL, I picked Valek from Poison Study, but I am a tad concerned about his tendency towards assassination...not sure our whole crew will make it out alive ;)

    My Top Ten list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could you not choose Daine in that sort of situation? She's like totally ideal! And Valek is an excellent choice. I think I just went for a sort of girl power thing. xD

      Delete
  2. VIN!! ♥ Definitely one of my ALL TIME favorite heroines too! I just love her to pieces! I still need to read Graceling and Poison Study though (I know right?!) but I own both and hopefully will get to them soon. Awesome picks ^^

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I have so much love for that trilogy...I'm half-tempted to just hand out boxed sets of it to all my friends and family for Christmas. xD Definitly get on Poison Study for sure, I think you'll enjoy it a lot. Though I'm a big fan of Graceling too. Thank you! [:

      Delete