Monday, September 23, 2013

Review: The Eternity Cure

Goodreads Summary: Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.
Lots of character development in this sequel which I, as a character person, loved to get to see. Not only are a lot of familiar faces wandering about but the reader gets more screen time with them and begins to get a feel for their characters. And, le gasp, backstories! I'm personally a huge fan of getting to know how a character got to be where they are, where they're going, and how they're willing to go about getting there. That's what makes reading awesome for me and I got a decent, huge chunk really, fix of it.

Also, for those curious [and I know I was!] in this lovely sequel you do get to learn more about the vampiric culture that Julie Kagawa has created for her series. As well as to learn more about the disease that ran rampant. Two things that had me fascinated from the moment I started the trilogy. But it's not all educational goodness, The Eternity Cure is LOADED with action. And Julie Kagawa sure does know how to write it. 

Talk about a killer ending! Just when you think you know how something is going to go, just when you think you have everything figured out, something new is thrown at you. Something you didn't possibly think you could expect. And then you start wondering, and your eyes grow bigger and you just have to have the sequel right that second. That, my lovely readers, is how The Eternity Cure leaves you.

So no worries here about the dreaded second/middle book syndrome, folks, because The Eternity Cure had me on the edge of my seat and I cannot wait to get my hands on The Forever Song.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment