Saturday, June 1, 2013

Saturday Short: The Kill Order

Goodreads Summary: Before WICKED was formed, before the Glade was built, before Thomas entered the Maze, sun flares seared the earth and mankind fell to disease.

The Kill Order is the story of that fall.

A prequel  to The Maze Runner trilogy, The Kill Order has been in the works since the completion of The Maze Runner. The  story of civilization's fall was kept under wraps and is the explication of the events that began this bestselling series.
I picked up a copy of this from Random Buzzers during one of their sales because I cannot leave a series unfinished...well, I can but I had already read the trilogy and the premise of the prequel was enticing so I thought I'd give it a go. I was curious. Dashner's world was an interesting one and for the most part his books had been hard to put down. Until this one. 

I was disappointed to say the least. It was a chore for me to pick this one up. The prologue set an interesting tone, I was fascinated by it and wish that it had continued from there but then it transfers you over to a new group of characters and though I was initially fascinated by them it wore off quickly.

The book, like the original trilogy, is a fairly fast read if you can keep yourself motivated to go through it with short chapters and tons of action. Unfortunately it just wasn't for me. The first two books in the original trilogy remain the best in my opinion with the second one being my favorite. 

Overall I'd say its very skippable.


1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment