Saturday, June 15, 2013

Saturday Short: Glass Houses

Goodreads Summary: From the author of the popular Weather Warden series comes the debut of an exciting new series set in Morganville, Texas, where you would be well advised to avoid being out after dark.

College freshman Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. When Claire heads off-campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Her new roommates don't show many signs of life, but they'll have Claire's back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood.
Just when I think I'm sick to death of vampires I go and pick this up at my library's book sale, the first in a rather LARGE series of vampire novels. Yeah, I might have lost my marbles. xD

I've got to say though it has some AMAZING characterization. I really enjoyed all of the main characters and I cannot wait to hear more from them all. Particular favorites being the uber nerd, Claire, and the gothic greatness that is Eve. And I feel like I have a lot more to learn about all of them as the last chapter or so of the book proved to me. And that is always a good thing. [Gotta hate it when an author just dumps it all on you at once, give me some mystery!] The take on vampires is, albeit typical in some respects, interesting in others. I like the fact that there are some political, I guess is the best term under the circumstances, aspects of being a vampire instead of just crazy blood-sucking leeches roaming the streets. 

I devoured the book in about a day, made more amazing by the fact that I was hardly home at all to read, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll definitely be picking up the four bind-up volumes that are out.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment