Wednesday, February 20, 2013

WWW Wednesday [16]

WWW Wednesdays is hosted by Should Be Reading.

What did you recently finish reading?

 

Civil War Hospital Sketches by Louisa May Alcott - Three stars. Perhaps not the best introduction to Alcott, though her voice is the same as in the majority of her works, but truly interesting to read. And she made some great points about the culture of her time.
Chobits, Omnibus Two - FIVE STARS. I seriously lack the words to tell you guys how much I love this series. I'm sad its over but it WAS SO GOOD. Definitely going to do a reread or two or three in the future.
 Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone - Five stars! I just adored this. Totally left me with warm, fuzzy feelings.
 Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll - Five stars! I'm so glad I went back and revisited these tales...especially considering all of the recent remakes and re-imaginings! Highly recommend giving Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass a read if you haven't already.
 The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett- Four stars! Its such a sweet story, there really just isn't any other way to describe it.
 The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe- Three stars. Written well, fascinating epidemic and good characters. I enjoyed it.

What are you currently reading?

 

A Feast For Crows by George R.R. Martin - A little over halfway through this one, haven't been able to lose myself in Martin's world nearly as often as before. Sigh.
Gifts by Ursula K. Le Guin - About a hundred pages in and I'm finding Le Guin's method of storytelling interesting.
A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway - Required reading for my US War Literature class and my fourth time attempting to read it...fourth time is the charm, right? I'm only a few chapters in as of yet but I'm not finding it as unbearable as I remember.

What do you plan on reading next? 

 

Nevermore by Kelley Creagh - It hasn't sat on my TBR pile overly long but I just really really really really really want to read this one.
 Hattie Ever After by Kirby Larson - A galley that I really need to get to. [I am eager to read this one though, the first one was good.]

No comments:

Post a Comment