Monday, February 18, 2013

Review: Time Between Us

Goodreads Summary: Anna and Bennett were never supposed to meet: she lives in 1995 Chicago and he lives in 2012 San Francisco. But Bennett has the unique ability to travel through time and space, which brings him into Anna’s life, and with him a new world of adventure and possibility.

As their relationship deepens, the two face the reality that time may knock Bennett back to where he belongs, even as a devastating crisis throws everything they believe into question. Against a ticking clock, Anna and Bennett are forced to ask themselves how far they can push the bounds of fate, what consequences they can bear in order to stay together, and whether their love can stand the test of time.

Fresh, exciting, and deeply romantic, Time Between Us is a stunning, spellbinding debut from an extraordinary new voice in YA fiction.
I read the first chapter as soon as I got this book in the mail. Then, unfortunately had to set it aside. But the opening had me hooked. Every time I had the chance that I could pick up a pleasure read I would glance over at it. It haunted me. So finally I gave in. I had done some homework, gotten a few things accomplished, I was going to veg. I AM SO GLAD I GAVE THIS BOOK A CHANCE. Seriously. Hooked from the very beginning. I reread that first chapter and was instantly lost. I devoured this book in a couple of hours. Give or take. I just could not stop.

Love the characters. LOVE THEM. Especially Anna. She's definitely on the list of characters that I would like to go out and chill with for awhile. She wasn't any of your usual extremes but a well-rounded balance. I think there is something in here that anyone and everyone can relate to.

And then there is Bennett. [Also, can I just say I love the name Bennett?] Or Shaggy as he is also known in the book. He's adorable. He's crushable. And I don't mean that in the sense that, you know, you can crush him like a can or something. He's just...like the ideal crush. At least in my eyes he was. He's the kind of guy you have sweet daydreams about. He's charming, just a little bit quirky, and sweet.

And I have to admit, the romance made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It was just too sweet for words. You'll never look at your regular old pencil the same way again.

I think one of my favorite aspects of this novel was the last third or so of it. I can't tell you why without giving a HUGE plot twist away but it made this novel really stand out to me in the realm of YA romances. Just take my word for it, pick this one up and give it a read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment