Thursday, October 4, 2012

Review of Endlessly

Goodreads Summary: "Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate.

The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands.

So much for normal.
"

I hate goodbyes. I really, really hate goodbyes. I think that is why it took me so long to read Endlessly. I mean, I probably still wouldn't have read it had I not been lucky enough to get a gifted copy in the mail. GOODBYES ARE HARD, YOU GUYS. Especially when its a character you've grown to love, with a voice that can always make you giggle, and a truly interesting plotline. That's the Paranormalcy trilogy in a nutshell. Man. Seriously going to miss Evie and Tasey. SERIOUSLY.

Anyway.

Something that really stands out to me about this trilogy are the gorgeous covers. Evie, and that is totally how I picture her by the way, in these fantabulous dresses. Even better? THE GIRL ACTUALLY WEARS THOSE DRESSES. Yeah. It happens. Gotta love it when the cover actually fits, am I right?

To date one of my favorite aspects of Kiersten White's novels has been her revision of various paranormal/mythical/magical races/beings/creatures. Everything you thought you knew about them, well, she goes and proves it wrong in the most crazy way possible. I LOVE IT. As I said, its always been one of my favorite aspects of the trilogy and I was thrilled to death to find out she brought it to new highs in the third and final volume. SO MANY REVISIONS. Having read about the creatures that poor Evie has to deal with it really makes me wonder where all of those dreamy paranormal beings we fall in love with in our paranormal romances came from. Someone seriously has their facts wrong...totally not Kiersten and Evie though. They're telling it like it is.

Also, on the side of things I absolutely loved about the conclusion to this trilogy, I FINALLY GOT MORE RETH. FINALLY. FINALLY I TELL YOU. I've only been, you know, begging since I devoured Paranormalcy way been when I first started blogging. Thank you for listening, Kiersten! How much more did I get? Well, enough to make this girl happy and enough that you guys should rush out and grab a copy of Endlessly to get some very important Reth research taken care of. I know I'm not the only one desperate for more of the fey. THIS BOOK DELIVERS. IT DELIVERS I TELL YOU.

All in all I think that Endlessly was a great conclusion to the trilogy and made the whole thing worth while. I was worried about how things were going to go down after Supernaturally, but I shouldn't have been. I seriously need to learn to have more faith in these totally awesome authors. And Evie. Evie is all deserving of all the faith. So yes, if you were on the fence, go get a copy of this one. You'll enjoy it. If you haven't read this series yet, and for some reason are daft enough to be reading the REVIEW OF THE FINAL BLEEPING BOOK, then you should go get the first two and start there. WITH THE FIRST ONE. NOT THE SECOND. STOP REBELLING FOR NO REASON AND MAKING ME TALK IN ALL CAPS. I'm talking to YOU. YES  YOU. Not you. The person over there trying to read the trilogy backwards. Crazy peeps. Anyway. This trilogy is insane in all the best ways. READ IT. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment