Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tiara Talk: Camp NaNoWriMo



I swear every time I write Camp NaNoWriMo I hear that theme song from that one Nickolodeon show...I think it was called Salute Your Shorts? I'll post a video if I can find it.

Anyway.

Hi you guys! Its me, your resident princess, here with a friendly warning: I'm not going to be around a lot over the  month of June. Why you ask? 

Camp NaNoWriMo!

For those of you who have read Typing Tiara for awhile you may have seen/read another post I did about NaNoWriMo awhile back, a really awesome event that encourages writers from all walks of life to write a novel of fifty thousand words in a single month. NaNoWriMo is usually held in November, which those of you in university/college know is a real b**** since that falls into Finals Season. So I've been fail the last few years.

Then I heard of the wonder that is Camp NaNoWriMo, an event held by the same group of wonderful people to accomplish the same insane task...only its held in the summer months! Say whuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?! June and August this year, I think it was July and August last year which was its first year running.

So I'm going to give it a go. I've missed writing, outside of the academic world and Typing Tiara, and I have absolutely nothing going on in June (that I know of as of this moment) and no school until the end of August (so I might give that month a go too). So there you go.

I would like to say that you probably won't see much of me on Twitter and Facebook, blog posts will continue to run as normal though Tiara Talks may start revolving more around the writing process if you don't mind too terribly much, but I know myself better...those are two of my favorite procrastination tools after all. And I am the queen of procrastination when I'm writing...and the rest of the time too.

So here's the promised video of ridiculousness:


Have you ever participated in NaNoWriMo? Do you plan on doing the main event or Camp NaNoWriMo this year?

6 comments:

  1. Haha! I used to love that show, Salute Your Shorts. It was totally ridiculous.

    I've tried NaNoWriMo for 5 years & I always slack off & fail. :( Maybe I should try the camp myself.

    Can't wait to see your progress with it though. I'm curious, too, to see what you'll have to say about the writing process. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was! I know they are bringing a lot of the old Nick shows back, I wonder if that will be one of them.

    I've won twice and failed at it twice. If you try the camp make sure to tell me, we can be writing buddies and cheer each other on. :]

    Fingers crossed I make it this time! I'm really looking forward to sort of chronicling my writing process this time around, maybe that will work as further motivation.

    Thank you! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I participated in NaNoWriMo in November last year, for my first time, and loved it! I was planning to do Camp NaNoWriMo in June this year, but I found out that I'm going to be super busy, so instead I think I may participate in August, but I'm not sure of that either. Anyways, good luck!! 50 K is hard, but super rewarding once you get there. =)

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that you're a fan too. I'm considering participating in August as well so if you decide to, please let me know so we can buddy up! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited that you're doing Camp NanoWriMo. Every November I do NanoWriMo & it's such a great experience. I'm glad there's a good option for students now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love NaNoWriMo. I participated my first two years of college and won both then broke off when things got complicated. I thought this would be the perfect month for me to get work done on a novel that I've been trying to write since high school but I discovered that it still hasn't quite matured yet so I'm at stand-still with 15.5K. I'm thinking about switching over to another project though. That's the best part about it, the flexibility combined with the motivation. :]

    ReplyDelete