Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday [1]


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish
. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again for the First Time

1. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card - I absolutely love this book. It was my first introduction to science fiction, a genre I thought I would hate but ended up falling in love with. I've actually almost devoured the entire Enderverse series. Awesome books but Ender's Game will always be my favorite.
2. The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare -Another amazing series. I've reread this one a few times but though it remains amazing to read [love these characters!] I wish I could go back and read it again for the first time where everything was new and I didn't see certain plot twists coming.  
3. Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith - Another book straight off my favorites shelf. The only fantasy books I love more than this one would be Trickster's Choice and Trickster's Queen by Tamora Pierce. I'd love to be able to read this one again for the first time because it's one of those books I treasure. There's nothing like falling in love with a book and I would definitely want to do it all over again with this little gem.
4. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen -Wow. This book means to much to me, if you ask me I'll say it's my second favorite normally but it was my miracle book. My copy got passed along to me when I was in a really bad place, like Macy I had lost my father and I wasn't coping well. This book was exactly what I needed exactly when I needed it. 
5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins -Note, I only listed the first book not the second nor the third. I just don't feel either of them quite lived up to the epic-ness of The Hunger Games, though I did enjoy finishing the trilogy. The Hunger Games just packed an insane punch and though I want to reread it again soon I'm just not sure if it can hit as hard the second time so I'd love to be able to go back to the beginning and read it for the very first time all over again. 
6. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell -I've received a lot of flack over the years for this having been one of my favorite books. Though I still love it every time I reread it I would love to be able to go back to the first time when it was all new and that ending first through all my romantic notions out the window. 
7. Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer -I wish I could go back and read this entire series again for the first time because though I loved them the first time around I'm not sure I still would with everything that has been said about them, I want to go back to these innocent of all of that again so that I could just enjoy the series as I did that very first time.
8. A Wrinkle in Time along with the rest of the companion novels written by Madeline L'Engle -I love these books however A Wrinkle in Time is the only one that I've ever gone back and reread [and only then because I had to for school luckily I still loved it] because I'm scared the they will lose their magic on a rereading...which makes them the perfect candidates for a virgin reread. These books are probably my favorites of all time...they mean so much to me...so magical and amazing and just so right.
9. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson -Wow. This novel is another one of those that just packed a serious punch. It really made me think and stunned me with some of the directions that it took. I'd love to read it again for the first time so that I could experience Jenna's journey all over again.
10. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson -My favorite banned book and just an amazing [Yes, I've said that a lot but with this AMAZING group of books I can't help myself!] read.

No comments:

Post a Comment