Thursday, October 11, 2012

Review of Dante's Girl

Goodreads Summary: "I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring.
Until this year.

And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:

1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes.
2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise.
5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.

Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference?

But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl.

My heart just might be crazy.
"
Some books you are just able to slip into from the first line and you're just completely enveloped by the world that is contained between those two covers. Dante's Girl is one of those such books. From the moment I started reading I was lost within the pages and I couldn't seem to help myself, I just had to keep going to the point where I finished the book in a few mere hours. I just couldn't put it down. I had to have more Dante and Reece.

Dante is the boy that every girl dreams of. He is the stuff of which romance novels are built on. He is the ultimate fantasy. The perfect summer daydream. The boy that every girl wishes she would run into. Ornery, sweet, thoughtful, playful, mischievous and so much more.  I loved his character. And that's saying a lot for a girl who usually only falls hard for bad boys.

Reece is that adorable awkward girl who hasn't really discovered herself yet. I loved reading about her and falling into place with her because once upon a time I was her. I think we all had that phase where we just felt no matter what we did, actually I might still be in this phase, we were doing it wrong and everyone was watching us and so on and so forth. Only, in her case they were a lot of them. Then again, I'm still sure most people are watching me when I do something ridiculous. And I'm most definitely not dating the Prime Minister's son.

The plot is simple yet sweet with a hint of mystery to keep things interesting. This book would make for the perfect pool-side read or for while you're laying out by the beach. Though since summer is over it's also the perfect reminder of those lazy summer days. Dante's Girl just feels like the embodiment of the perfect summer. You can feel the sun on your skin and see the long days stretch out before you. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a day-dream worthy summer romance. Or any romance for that matter.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh....the cover & review wasn't anything I was expecting from the title. I thought it was going to be some Inferno-twist. Thanks for putting this summer-loving book on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. The name Dante really doesn't have a summer romance sort of connotation, does it? Brimstone, hellfire, those sorts of things maybe. Deep and dark. LOL. An inferno twist would have been interesting.

      Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete