Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wishing on Wednesday [34]

Wishing and hoping, and thinking and praying...

Goodreads Summary: "In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed "Daughter of Smoke and Bone," Karou must come to terms with who and what she is, and how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, mysteries and secrets, new characters and old favorites, Days of Blood and Starlight brings the richness, color and intensity of the first book to a brand new canvas.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone was declared a "must read" by Entertainment Weekly, was named a Best Book of the Year by Amazon.com, and The New York Times called it "a breath-catching romantic fantasy.
"
I know the release date is still five bazillion years away, and they only just released the cover a week ago TOPS but OMG I want this book like a kid wants candy. First off I think this book officially has the MOST GORGEOUS cover I have ever seen on any book to date. I'm so beyond in love. And I really loved the first cover...and a few zillion others. But this one is just gorgeous. Insanely so. And Daughter of Smoke and Bone? Without a doubt my favorite book of last year, hands down. And it has a place in my top five ever written favorites in the entire universe. I may be a little fangirly. Needless to say its been killing me not to have a WoW post for this book, it was all I could do to at least wait for a cover but now there is a cover and now you guys know, in case you couldn't tell from all the millions of lists I've had it on and the review I wrote for its predecessor. I want this book. Like I'm wishing HARD for this book. And planning on requesting it. Also on the list of hard things not to do is send out a request now. [Especially since I'm not even sure there will be ARCs. Oh please let there be ARCs, and PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE let me be lucky enough to get one...or bribe/trade to get one.]

So yes. This book = EVERYTHING. And the first one? AMAZING. Go read it now if you haven't. NOW!

3 comments:

  1. I love the cover too, my Wow doesn't come out until March 12, 2013...LOL
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha..would help if I linked this weeks Wow and not last weeks..hehehe
    My WoW it's this week's honest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I'm suddenly feeling much better about mine. I've at least managed to restrain myself to the same year. xD

    ReplyDelete