Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tiara Talk: NaNoWriMo

Let's talk NaNoWriMo.

For those of you that don't know NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month and takes place during the month of November. NaNoWriMo is an epic challenge to write a fifty-thousand word novel in a single month.

I've participated in NaNoWriMo for...I think three years now. I've won two different years. And skipped another. And epically failed one.

It comes at the absolute worst time of the year for me, normally when midterms and/or finals are hitting plus all of those end of the year projects are finally materializing...did I mention visiting family members appearing out of nowhere? Oh yeah, November sucks. And yet...I absolutely love this challenge...I hate it when I'm not able to participate.

This year I'm still debating on whether or not I'm going to take the plunge since I have a make-up midterm I'm supposed to take sometime in November, two major essays due in my Literary Theory class, as well as a few exams showing their ugly little faces. Oh, and did I mention I live with five other girls? And have no plot ideas as of this very moment? Talk about a potentially tough year...and yet...I am so very tempted.

What about you guys? Have you ever participated in NaNoWriMo? Tempted to? What challenges will you or would you face if you were to attempt a fifty-thousand word novel in the month of November?

8 comments:

  1. This will be my first year to technically try it. We'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one of my friends told me about it... She's probably gonna enter this one..
    Wow, u won twice?!! do tell more about it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the absolute worst year for me to do it..but I'm going for it because I think I will regret it if I dont. Between finals, working full time, working on my query and revising my novel amd wedding planning, I have no idea how I'm going to do it sanely. But I'm so excited to try. Do it!!! I will be your cheerleader!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, Miranda! I hope you meet your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep! I completed the challenge twice. Once with a thriller and once with a YA fantasy, both of which after much consideration need to be completely re-written. What else would you like to know, Arianne?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kind of feel the same way, Jade, that I might regret it if I don't participate. And now I'm looking at what little I have keeping me from doing so in comparison to your list and thinking "If she can do it with all of that going on, what's to keep me from doing the same?" I might just be needing you as a cheerleader. :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha that would be all thank u :) yey for u!

    ReplyDelete