Sunday, May 15, 2011

Review of Daimon: The Prequel to Half-Blood

This review is based on an e-book copy of Daimon: A Prequel to Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout that I purchased for myself via my Kindle.

Goodreads Summary: " 'Love in my world usually ended up with someone hearing 'I smite thee!' as she was cursed to be some lame flower for the rest of her life.'

For three years, Alexandria has lived among mortals—pretending to be like them and trying to forget the duty she'd been trained to fulfill as a child of a mortal and a demigod. At seventeen, she's pretty much accepted that she's a freak by mortal standards… and that she'll never be prepared for that duty.

According to her mother, that’s a good thing.

But as every descendant of the gods knows, Fate has a way of rearing her ugly head. A horrifying attack forces Alex to flee Miami and try to find her way back to the very place her mother had warned her she should never return—the Covenant. Every step that brings her closer to safety is one more step toward death… because she's being hunted by the very creatures she'd once trained to kill.

The daimons have found her."

I hadn't meant to buy this e-book, in fact I had no intentions of doing so until the fabulous reviews came pouring in from tons of bloggers whom I adore and whose literary opinions I greatly respect. Even yet it was free if I chose to read on my computer, which I normally won't because the glare hurts my eyes, yet still I forked over the ninety-nine cents on Amazon to get my own Kindle copy. I am so glad I did.

There's not a lot that I can say about Daimon without giving anything away as it was just a novella really, not even a hundred pages. I mean, come on, I read it in about an hour. Than again I've been told that I read at superhuman speeds but you get the idea. The point of this review is to do what others have already done before me, tell all of you lovely followers/lurkers/readers TO READ THIS NOW. I have a feeling that this novella and it's following novels are going to be the BIG thing this year and in the coming year.

Alex, the main character, was the kind of chick that I love best in urban fantasies. Tough, sarcastic and just plain fun. You'll love her too, trust me on this. The world had depth but you weren't lost in details, you're given enough to go on without any information dumps which so many fantasy authors are prone to using. The storyline was fast moving and full of disasterous adventure. Daimon you had me from your first line. This book will snatch you up, race you through it's pages, than leave you breathless and wanting more.

Daimon is just enough to whet you're appetite and definetely worth reading. Buy yourself a paperback copy, ebook, or just read the freebie online and join in the torture. I have the strongest feeling that Half-Blood is going to be worth the agonizing wait.

Just in case you're unable to guess, I'm giving Daimon: Prequel to Half-Blood five out of five stars. Happy reading!

Note: To anyone wanting to read Daimon: Prequel to Half-Blood, I DID in fact purchase this for my Kindle and it is lendable if anyone would like to borrow it. Keep in mind that I can only lend it out once. If you are interested in borrowing it than shoot me an e-mail or comment here. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment