Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Mini Review: Never Land [Never Knights #2]

Welcome to Never Land, the land of Never and the world of rock, the world of new experiences and sensations, a world where music runs through the veins of the dedicated, and love is taken and given with consequences.

Never (Neve) Knight, the lead singer and manager of a band filled with the hottest guys in rock finally gets the dream that she wanted: a label signing her band The Never Knights. It is what she always wanted, a band of her own and playing her own kind of music. Getting her band to where it was came at a high price, including giving up the man who makes her heart race and her blood pound, the man who caused her to nearly lose her band.

As she gets ready to go on her world tour, fate brings her close to Danny Blue again, and she's not sure if she can give him up a second time even if it means losing the band.

Look for the music video coming soon from the producers of music sensation Kina Grannis for the Never Say Never Series with an important message for men and women.
Having finished Never Say Never earlier in the day and feeling fairly invested in the story, and wanting more of the same, I ended up ordering Never Land from the Kindle Store right before I crashed that night. I read about half of it as soon as the book loaded on my e-reader and then promptly woke up the next morning to finish it. Unfortunately, despite the fact that I read it in what could almost be considered one sitting, I wasn't nearly as lost in this story as I was the first.

The first book was a fun, fast read that was hard to put down because I thoroughly enjoyed the characters and wanted to know what was going to happen to them and I just didn't feel the same way in this one. I felt that there was just way too much going on in the little over two hundred pages and way too much drama. It read more like I was watching a soap opera on television than anything else and that wasn't at all how the first book had come across. I felt like it was just one insane event after another, and though I still kept reading and finished the book in record time, I was dissatisfied by the ending. 

Even the characters felt like over the top versions of themselves, swinging from one emotion to the next in record time (as characters tend to do in soap operas) and just making some pretty ridiculous choices that didn't feel right. I wanted more of the first book and I just don't feel as if I got it in this sequel, though I do plan on reading the third one simply because I want to know how things ultimately get resolved and despite everything I am still curious/invested in what happens.


2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment