Tuesday, June 3, 2014

An Explanation and My May 2014 Wrap-Up

Hi! Long time no see! You guys may noticed that my big return from my hiatus turned into an even longer hiatus than either of the original ones had planned on being...mostly because of school and because my heart wasn't in blogging any more. There was just something about Typing Tiara that had turned into work for me, and it wasn't the type of work that I wanted to be doing. I wasn't happy with it. I wasn't happy with the discussions or what I was talking about or the books that I was being "forced" to read. 

Now, don't get me wrong, I still love YA but I just haven't read as much of it lately as I once did. Which made Typing Tiara even more of a chore since it is a YA/MG blog. You may notice below that I only read two books that kind of fit into that category over the course of May. Not exactly a wealth to draw from for posts. Honestly lately I've been reading more adult fiction. Lots more fantasy and science fiction. Tons of cheesy romance. And of course, comics.

I've always loved these things but only recently have I really been indulging it. So Typing Tiara and I weren't a good fit. In order to have to provide YA/MG content I needed to be reading those books and because I was limiting myself, I grew to feel confined. YA will always hold a special place in my heart and I'm sure I'll be marathoning it again soon but right now I'm wanting to try a little bit of everything. I don't want to limit myself into a little niche any more. I want to share my love of reading in general, not just my love of YA. So I'm going to try Typing Tiara again. But it's going to be a slow comeback, I'm not guaranteeing regimented posts like before or even guaranteed weekly posts. I'm just going to post as they come to me until I start slipping back into the habit. I want blogging to be fun again. I want to talk about my love of reading again. So here I am. I'm back and I'm bringing Typing Tiara with me, though it will be a new Typing Tiara so expect some changes. I'm hoping that these changes won't frighten the lot of you off, but if we have to part ways, I understand.

Now, let's check out what I've been up to lately, shall we?


So here's what I read in May 2014:
The Valley of Horses by Jean M. AuelWhile She Was Sleeping... by Isabel SharpeThe Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. AuelThe Boneshaker by Kate MilfordFlower Power! by Courtney CarboneLady Sophia's Lover by Lisa KleypasWorth Any Price by Lisa KleypasThe Thin Man by Dashiell HammettAs You Like It by William ShakespeareCowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei JamesA Secret Love by Stephanie LaurensHot Ticket by Olivia CunningWicked Beat by Olivia CunningDouble Time by Olivia CunningInk by Amanda SunThe Bell Jar by Sylvia PlathRed at Night by Katie McGarry

No comments:

Post a Comment