Monday, September 30, 2013

Review: Soulbound [Legacy of Tril #1]

Goodreads Summary: Tril is a world where Barrons and Healers are Bound to each other: Barrons fight and Healers cure their Barrons' wounds in the ongoing war with the evil Graplar King. Seventeen-year-old Kaya was born a Healer, but she wants to fight. In Tril, and at Shadow Academy, where she is sent to learn to heal, it is against Protocol for Healers to fight. So Kaya must learn in secret. Enter two young men: One charming, rule-following Barron who becomes Bound to Kaya and whose life she must protect at all costs. And one with a mysterious past who seems bent on making Kaya's life as difficult as possible. Kaya asks both to train her, but only one will, and the consequences will change their lives forever.
Words. I am lacking in the words. Like, the awesomness of this novel...seriously...no words. 

I was wary of the last bit which totally spelled love triangle as far as I was concerned but didn't really ever feel like it played out that way to me. Then again, it's me and there was a guy with a mysterious past who makes things difficult...we all know who's going to win this fight for the heart in my eyes, right? JUST YES. 

And a girl who is questioning things? Who wants to fight? Who wants to stand on her own two feet and think that it is crazy that no one else feels this way? YES. You go girl. I loved her. And the rest of the characters. I feel like there is so much room for development amongst all of them and I want to know everything about everyone and it felt like a lot of hints were dropped that are going to be elaborated on later and I MUST KNOW EVERYTHING!

As for the novel itself, I was hooked from the first line. Literally hooked. If it weren't for school and the fact that I'm having to read three to four books a week [give or take] for my requirements as a literature major then I would never have put it down. Seriously. Like this is one of those books I would have finished in a day and then raced off to Barnes and Noble to grab the sequel. You get that lost in it and it is really just that good and I know I'm gushing but Soulbound deserves it.

The only bummer? There seems to be some kind of hold-up with the second book that was due out this year. I NEED THAT BOOK.

5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment