Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday Short: The Coven

Goodreads Summary: I am not who I thought I was. I am not a regular sixteen-year-old girl. I am a witch. A real, ancestral witch. My parents are not my biological parents. My sister and I share no blood.

Even in the coven, I am too powerful now, too different to belong.

I am alone except for Cal. Cal tells me he loves me, and I need to believe him.
I think I might just be addicted to these books. At less than two hundred pages they go by incredibly fast, even faster when you can't seem to put them down for longer than a few minutes. Sweep / Wicca is the kind of series that you want to own all the books in before you start reading because you just want to devour them all in one sitting, one right after the other.

As for The Coven specifically...

I think I liked this one even better than the first because the basics had already been laid out for the reader in the first book, you knew the characters and the premise, and things just really started snowballing.  Things are starting to come together and it looks like Morgan is in for it. [Not to mention that certain suspicions about certain characters that I'd been having since they arrived on the scene are starting to pan out!] 

Overall it was a quick, fun read and impossible to put down. I love the way that the story blends with "real life" and it just flows.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment