Saturday, December 15, 2012

Saturday Short: Eight Cousins

Goodreads Summary: Life with seven boy cousins isn't quite what Rose expected. Left an orphan after her father's death, Rose Campbell is sent to live at the "Aunt Hill" with her six aunts and seven rowdy boy cousins. For someone who is used to a girl's boarding school, it all seems pretty overwhelming. Her guardian, Uncle Alec, makes her eat healthy things like oatmeal, and even tries to get her to give up her pretty dresses for drab, sensible clothes. Will Rose ever get used to her uncle's crazy notions and all her noisy relatives?
Trapped in the midst of finals week so of course I went directly to one of my favorite comfort authors for relaxation...you know, in between all of the papers that I have to write, tests to study for, and the poetry I have to memorize.

And as expected Louisa May Alcott did not disappoint. Eight Cousins was a sweet little read. I was lost to its charms within the first chapter and found myself closing the book after only a few hours, done so soon! The characters were lovely, the setting sweet, and dear Uncle Alec and Rose quick favorites of mine. As with all of the cousins! The rambunctious passel of boys pretty much sealed the deal. I'd definitely recommend this to fans of Louisa May Alcott, albeit it is for a younger group then Little Women I'd say, or anyone looking for a quick sweet read.

No comments:

Post a Comment