Monday, December 10, 2012

Review: Wilde's Meadow

Goodreads Summary: Happy endings are hard to find, and even though Katriona is in the middle of a war with someone who’s already stolen more than she can replace, she aches for a positive future with her DraĆ­ochtans.

Armed with hope, confidence in her abilities, and a strange new gift from her mother, Kate ventures into the Darkness to defeat a fallen god.

Losses add up, and new obstacles rise to stand in the way. Is the one determined to bring Encardia light strong enough to keep fighting, or will all the sacrifices to stop those who seek domination be for nothing?
Wow. I can't believe this trilogy is already over...it seems as if I only JUST barely started the first one. OH. And if you've read this far without realizing, THIS IS THE THIRD IN A TRILOGY...as in THE END. So if you haven't read Wilde's Fire yet, go grab it, devour it, same with the sequel then come back and see me, mmkay? ;] 

I loved the first two books in this series. They were brilliant fantasies with characters that I adored, the kind of novels that I would like to write someday. Engaging, entertaining and with great romance. I didn't love Wilde's Meadow quite as much as the first two, but I still really liked it.

I wanted more time with the characters, despite the fact that I kept having to put this one down because of finals or chores or whatever else bogged down my reading time this novel still seemed to go by in the blink of an eye. AND THERE WAS SO MUCH GOING ON IN STORY. There was so much going on with the characters, so many new elements, so much to do with the various prophesies...and it was just one thing after another. I wanted more time. I needed more time. I'm definitely going to have to reread this one, probably the entire trilogy, at some point to grasp everything. 

I think Kate could have benefited from some more time too. Two hundred and twenty-five pages just isn't enough time to practically bring Encardia light, you know? Then again, in NaNoWriMo you write an entire novel in a month...guess its not that crazy. Saving a world and creating one...totally the same things. Close enough anyway. xD

When everything is said and done I still really liked this one, it was a solid ending with everything that I was looking for. Albeit a bit faster then I would have thought. Definitely recommend this trilogy to fans of fantasy, particularly fantasy that is heavy on the romance.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the awesome review. Sorry it couldn't go on forever. :-)

    ReplyDelete