Monday, December 24, 2012

Review of A Touch Mortal

Goodreads Summary: "Eden didn't expect Az.

Not his saunter down the beach toward her. Not his unbelievable pick up line. Not the instant, undeniable connection. And not his wings.

Yeah.

So long happily-ever-after.

Now trapped between life and death, cursed to spread chaos with her every touch, Eden could be the key in the eternal struggle between heaven and hell. All because she gave her heart to one of the Fallen, an angel cast out of heaven.

She may lose everything she ever had. She may be betrayed by those she loves most. But Eden will not be a pawn in anyone else's game. Her heart is her own.

And that's only the beginning of the end.
"
Ash didn't expect A Touch Mortal to be anything like what A Touch Mortal was.

Not its fascinating cast of characters. Not its captivating plot. Not the non-boring variety of angels. And definitely not the 'Siders.

But you'll have to read to figure out about those last ones.

You guys know that I'm not an angel person. I just...I get bored really easily by them. Demons, not so much. But if there is so much as a hint of anything angelic, and I mean that in the sense that they are God's minions or so forth not simply good behavior, I usually avoid a book like the plague. Angels just aren't at the top of my to read list and it takes a lot for them to win me over. Had I not won a copy of this, probably wouldn't have picked it up despite the fact that the girl on the cover always catches my eye.

But I did so I did read it.

And boy was it worth it.

A Touch Mortal doesn't overload you on the angel thing. Its there, its major but its not overwhelming on the preachy front, a mistake I find a lot of books similar making. In fact, there are other things going on that are much more interesting...but I won't tell you about them because that would be like SPOILER. But yeah. There is a lot going on here.

I LOVED Eden. I think I did from the first line. Which isn't spoken. Its just her. Sitting there. Nothing particular exciting or anything but I was hooked. Maybe it was the black nail polish. Probably was. Anyway. I wanted more. And then suddenly half the book was gone. Say wha?

Yeah. I want to read more about that girl, I can't wait for the sequel. [How I am going to squeeze another book out of my budget I do not know...but A Touch Mortal so totally made me want to try.]

So yes, even if you're like me and a total skeptic of angels...go get this one. It'll hook you.

No comments:

Post a Comment