Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday Short: School's Out Forever

Goodreads Summary: "The heart-stopping quest of six winged kids--led by fourteen-year-old Max--to find their parents and investigate the mind-blowing mystery of their ultimate destiny continues when they're taken under the wing of an FBI agent and attempt, for the first time, to live "normal" lives. But going to school and making friends doesn't stop them from being relentlessly hunted by sinister spies, who lead Max to face her most frightening match yet: a new and better version of herself."
Since this is a shorter review I'm just going to get right to the point, I didn't like this one nearly as much as the first. For me the second half really seemed to drag. Despite the short chapters, the constant [or at least near-constant] action, and the fascinating new developments it was completely put down-able. I didn't feel that same drive to read and read and read until I reached the end. More or less I wanted it over.

Overall I do still enjoy the stories about the Flock, I like the new developments and I think there will be some fun storylines ahead involving them so I'll definitely be reading the next few but I don't think this is a series that I would have paid full price for. Just saying.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I was blog hopping when I happened upon your blog. I am a new follower! I have a couple giveaways going on right now if you'd like to enter, one is about to end! Just click on the giveaways tab to check them out. I hope that you will stop by for a visit! Here's the link if you would like to follow me back: MaMa's Book Corner I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and I hope to hear from you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for following! I'll definitely be going to check out your blog soon. :]

      Delete