Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday Short: Scott Pilgrim & The Infinite Sadness

Goodreads Summary: "Ramona's third evil ex-boyfriend, Todd Ingram, is currently dating the former love of Scott Pilgrim's life Envy Adams broke Scott's heart a year and a half ago. Now she and her evil art-rock band are back, and they're getting Scott's band to open a show two days from now That's just enough time for Scott to fight Todd, keep Ramona happy, fend off demented ex-girlfriends, and practice that new setlist. Right Don't miss the latest chapter in the graphic novel saga The Globe and Mail calls "Canada's answer to Tank Girl "."
I found myself devouring this one just as fast as its two predecessors but not liking it nearly as much. More like I just wanted to get through it and to the next one. Maybe it was that pesky infinite sadness getting in the way. Scott Pilgrim & The Infinite Sadness abounds with flashbacks which threw me for the longest while until it finally dawned on me that they were in fact, flashbacks. So I was confused for the majority of the book. The characters felt a little off too though there were some really good moments of dialogue. So all in all, I liked this one but I wasn't as psyched over it as the first two. Here's hoping the fourth one will live up to its name, Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together. xD

2 comments:

  1. It has been a while since I read all of SP, but I think this was my least favorite also. I do love the series as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a whole I loved the series too, I think this particular volume was the only one that didn't really resonate with me. I get why it was included/needed but it didn't endear it to me any more.

      Delete