"Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
August 14: (In honor of Jamie's wedding this week on the 17th) -- Top Ten Book Romances That You Think Would Make It In The Real World (outside the book)"
For those of you that don't already know, I'm a HUGE fan of romance and almost exclusively read novels that contain romance in one form or another so I just had to attempt this list. [Note, aside from a choice few these are in no particular order.]
(1) Anna and Etienne St. Clair of Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - I just know these guys would make it in the same way I believe the sky is blue, the sun will rise the next morning and so on. They're just THE couple.
(2) Remy Starr and Dexter Jones of This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen - They already know its rough. They go through all kinds of pointless drama, the exact same kind real life throws at you. But they've already learned how to go halfway. I think they could totally make it.
(3) Macy and Wes of The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen - Why do I think they could make it in the real world? Simple. Its because they know the truth about forever. ;]
(4) Aura Salvatore and Zachary Moore - Heck yes. Just heck yes. And I'm not just saying that because I love Zach [Team Kilt FOREVER] or because I wouldn't mind having Aura as my best friend. They just click. This couple works. They are one of those couples that exist in my mind, quite happily I might add, long after the trilogy has come to an end. I can see their life together. Therefore, I can guarantee they would work.
(5) Alanna and George of the Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce - Okay...I may have a thing for couples where opposites attract. But hands down these two are one of my favorite couples in the realm of fantasy. They work through things, they compliment one another's personalities and I just know that would carry over to the 'real' world.
(6) Anne and Gilbert Sullivan of Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery - Need I describe this one? Anne and Gilbert were one of my favorite childhood couples. I loved them together. And I loved reading the later books that described their lives together. I sincerely believed that they, like my other favorite book couple Laura and Almanzo Wilder, were a real-life couple. They worked too well not to be.
(7) Lola Nolan and Cricket Bell of Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - I just can't explain the rightness of this couple. They learned the rightness of being yourself with one another and I think that is one of the most important aspects of a relationship, finding someone whom you can be yourself with and who loves that very self.
(8) Samantha Madison and David of All American Girl and Ready or Not by Meg Cabot - Hands down my favorite Meg Cabot reads ever and one of my favorite couples. They're a quieter couple, not so in your face but they click. I mean, saving the president from a would be assassin might not be the most likely thing in the universe but if it were to happen and he was to have a son I could see it going down this way. They just feel real.
(9) Violet and Jay of The Body Finder Series by Kimberly Derting - Another couple on the quieter side of the spectrum in the sense that they aren't crazy in your face. But they fit together like a pair of puzzle pieces. They're just so believable. Theirs isn't one of those romances that you're just shaking your head at, instead they fall naturally together in a way that just has you sighing happily. They could definitely make it together.
(10) Grace and Sam of The Wolves of Mercy Trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater - Okay, on this one I just really like the couple. I have no other argument. xD