Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wishing on Wednesday [37]

Wishing and hoping, and thinking and praying...

Goodreads Summary: "Just right for fans of Tamora Pierce and Patricia C. Wrede!

When twelve-year-old Lady Lilah decides to disguise herself and sneak out of the palace one night, she has more of an adventure than she expected--for she learns very quickly that the country is on the edge of revolution. When she sneaks back in, she learns something even more surprising: her older brother Peitar is one of the forces behind it all. The revolution happens before all of his plans are in place, and brings unexpected chaos and violence. Lilah and her friends, leaving their old lives behind, are determined to help however they can. But what can four kids do? Become spies, of course!
"
My introduction to the fabulous Sherwood Smith came a few years ago when I first read the incredible Crown Duel, which is without a doubt one of my favorite YA fantasy...nay, one of my favorite fantasy novels OF ALL TIME. I've slowly but surely been working my way through her other books, very slowly in fact as my local library hasn't had the majority, and I enjoy her books enough to want them all on my shelves where I can enjoy them any time I want. 

Anyway.

To start with the summary for The Spy Princess says for fans of TAMORA PIERCE (my other fantasy writing goddess) whom I obviously love to bits and pieces...and the fact that it involves a princess...a princess who becomes a SPY and there is a REVOLUTION. AND EPICNESS.

And it's middle grade and I just don't read enough middle grade any more.

So I'm super excited to get my hands on this one when it comes out in August. :D

2 comments:

  1. SO many fantabulous books are coming out in August!! I have 7 that I absolutely MUST MUST MUST read. Anyways, this book looks really great! I don't read enough MG at all, and I think this book will be perfect for me! It's got action and SPYING! This makes me incredibly happy. I will definitely be adding this to my TBR list.

    Fabulous pick, Ash! <3

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I can think of tons that I want on my shelves. I don't read enough MG either...maybe one to every million YA I read. And I know there are so many awesome ones out there, even better when its an author I've read before and loved. Hope you get to read it soon and love it too!

    Thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete