Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wishing on Wednesday [35]

Wishing and hoping, and thinking and praying...

Goodreads Summary: "In the sequel to the acclaimed The Girl of Fire and Thorns, a seventeen-year-old princess turned war queen faces sorcery, adventure, untold power, and romance as she fulfills her epic destiny.

Elisa is the hero of her country. She led her people to victory against a terrifying enemy, and now she is their queen. But she is only seventeen years old. Her rivals may have simply retreated, choosing stealth over battle. And no one within her court trusts her-except Hector, the commander of the royal guard, and her companions. As the country begins to crumble beneath her and her enemies emerge from the shadows, Elisa will take another journey. With a one-eyed warrior, a loyal friend, an enemy defector, and the man she is falling in love with, Elisa crosses the ocean in search of the perilous, uncharted, and mythical source of the Godstone's power. That is not all she finds. A breathtaking, romantic, and dangerous second volume in the Fire and Thorns trilogy.
"

Why yes, wishing for books that aren't coming out until ridiculously far into the future IS becoming a bad habit of mine. But with so many amazing releases scheduled for this upcoming fall, can you blame me? This is another book I'm crazy excited for. And again with the fantasy. I know, I know. But its my favorite genres. And so many of my favorites are coming out with sequels.

I know you guys are probably wondering where this one came from, I haven't even reviewed the first yet! I'm hoping to remedy that soon with a reread so keep your eyes peeled for that. Let me just say, I LOVED IT. I really, really did. It was an excellent start to a trilogy and I'm looking forward to seeing where Rae Carson takes it. And I have to say, the amazing cast helps. I really enjoyed her characterizations. I miss that gang. Another good reason for a reread. So, you guys, add this one to your watchlists. And if you haven't picked up the first one yet, do so. Do so now.

4 comments:

  1. Great pick! I still haven't read my copy of The Girl of Fire and Thorns, but I MUST! The covers are gorgeous and the premise is epic!

    Can't wait to read your review of the first book :-)

    My WoW: http://www.blookgirl.com/book-blog/waiting-on-wednesday/177-the-assassins-curse-by-cassandra-rose-clarke

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do a reread of mine, it fell behind on the the reviewing pile and I need a refresher course before I review. But it was pretty epic. And the covers are absolutely gorgeous. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I soooo cannot wait for Crown of Embers! I loved the first book so much.

    ReplyDelete