Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Top Ten on My Spring TBR List


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at  The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

 (1) Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card - I absolutely LOVED Ender's Game and the rest of the novels that followed it but I've been hesitant to give this particular one a read despite having all of them on my shelf...I'm hoping to get over that and give at least the first one a read this spring.
(2) Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares - I had so much fun with this series. I remember reading it together with my Mom, Aunt and cousin. We even saw the first movie together! Possibly the others but I can't remember for sure. I was so psyched when I saw that Ann Brashares had written another novel. It's definitely a must read for me this spring.
(3) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - This one is a recent add to the pile but it's already near the top because...don't shoot me...I've never read a John Green book before. I know, I know...I said it was near the top of the pile, didn't I?
(4) The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge - Steampunk and the fey? And I have the sequel ready on my shelf? I need to get this baby read and SOON.
(5) Ash by Malinda Lo - Have you guys figured out yet that I'm a freak for the fey? SERIOUSLY LOVE THEM. I cannot even tell you how long I've wanted this book and now it's been sitting on my shelf for like a month...maybe longer. It's taunting me. It's begging to be read. I HAVE TO READ IT NOW. [And I did. Just read/finished this one today! <3]
(6) The Scorch Trials by James Dashner - I surprised myself be really enjoying The Maze Runner and immediately after picking the sequel up...so why haven't I read it yet? Definitely on the list for this spring.
(7) Delirium by Lauren Oliver - Alli will murder me...MURDER me when she finds out I haven't read this yet. There's no excuses. Hence the reason it's a spring must-read.
(8) Anathema by Megg Jensen - I absolutely LOVED Sleepers [also by Megg Jensen]. I've had Anathema forever. And it's sequels are already out and waiting for me. I HAVE to read this one soon.
(9) The Childe by C.A. Kunz - No idea why this has sat on my shelf so long. I was DESPERATE to read this book...and yet...it remains unread. It sounds like such a captivating read and I already know the authors are awesome so this spring it shall be read. Fingers crossed.
(10) Emily of New Moon by L.M. Montgomery - I love this author. Always have and always will. And here is no one better to spend the spring with. Luckily I have all of the novels of this particular series to curl up with in the spring sunlight. <3

[Hey you guys! I know I promised a Tiara Talk but we ended up celebrating my boyfriend's birthday early due to work schedules so I wasn't able to type out an epic discussion post. I'll try to get a few typed out over the course of the week so I'll have some great topics for you in the coming weeks!]

12 comments:

  1. Seriously. You've read 64 books this year, already. And, you have not read Delirium? HOW. IS. THAT. POSSIBLE?

    There has to be a time when you make priorities little lady. ;-)

    We need to make TBRs for one another. All 3 of us. You, Alli and I. I'm getting started. Hahahaa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's because I have the Kindle edition so it's not on my physical shelf taunting me every day. I just forget it's there.

    You're right, you're oh so right.

    Oh goody! Alli and I are brilliant at making TBRs...we just suck at following through with them. xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your aren't alone. I read "The Fault in Our Stars" this weekend and that was my first John Green. It was awesome so definitely not the last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that! Both the fact that I'm not alone and that it was awesome. I'll be grabbing my box of Kleenex and curling up with it soon. :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Maze Runner in my wish list!!! Need to order it or win it somehow...
    And Delirium too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Maze Runner was really good. A little dark and gritty as the best dystopians are.

    Hope you get both soon! :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed Maze Runner too.

    Emily of New Mooon - I REALLY need to read this series too! I read the Anne series almost every year, but you just can't get enough of L.M. Montgomery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sisterhood Everlasting is SUCH a sad read! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carissa, I thought I was the only one that did annual Anne rereads! I love that series. I haven't done a reread of it in a few years but I'm hoping to sneak one in this year. L.M. Montgomery is definitely a favorite of mine. :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ashley, I had a feeling that it would be. But I just can't resist those girls.

    Thank you! :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, if you loved the Ender books, it's hard to imagine you not loving Ender's Shadow. I cried over it, more than once--it was awesome. :)

    The Emily tales are a lot darker than Anne's, but I loved her anyway. The first book is my favorite. Hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's such a relief to have someone come forth about that book, I find all sorts of fans for Ender's Game but not so much Ender's Shadow. I've been afraid that it wouldn't live up to the love I had for that series.

    Darker? L.M. Montgomery? Oh now you've got me hooked for sure. I can't even imagine her going dark.

    Thank you! :]

    ReplyDelete