Thursday, March 29, 2012

Review of Nightshade

My review of Nightshade by Andrea Cremer is based on a hardcover copy of the book that I borrowed from my local library. The following review is my honest opinion. 

Goodreads Summary: " Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything- including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?"

Nightshade started with more than a bang, in fact I think someone dumped out the entire box of leftover fireworks stored in the closet for this one.

Calla was one of those strong heroines that I loved. She had a mind of her own, could take care of herself, and had a brain! What more could you want in a girl?

This was another of those love triangles that I love so much. The kind where you, as the reader, are just as torn as the main character about which guy you should choose. I loved both of them. Shay was a reader, a free-thinker, and so very playful. Ren understood her, was sexy as hell, and is an alpha. I'm still not entirely sure which team I'm on.

I really liked the mythology behind the wolves/Guardians. There was so much more to it than they were just people who could change into wolves. And there was an explanation for the clothes! This might seem trivial but as a girl who reads loads of books about shifters [I <3 me some werewolves in particular] I'm constantly surprised by how many authors don't think the whole lack of clothing thing through.

I'm giving Nightshade by Andrea Cremer a four out of five stars review. I can only imagine what Wolfsbane has in store for me.

2 comments:

  1. I need to read faster... Or find more time to read... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not the amount you read, its about finding happiness in the reading itself. :]

    ReplyDelete