Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wishing on Wednesday [13]

Wishing and hoping, and thinking and praying...
 "It isn’t easy being the rather overlooked and unhappy youngest sibling to sisters named for the other six days of the week. Sunday’s only comfort is writing stories, although what she writes has a terrible tendency to come true. When Sunday meets an enchanted frog who asks about her stories, the two become friends. Soon that friendship deepens into something magical. One night Sunday kisses her frog goodbye and leaves, not realizing that her love has transformed him back into Rumbold, the crown prince of Arilland—and a man Sunday’s family despises. The prince returns to his castle, intent on making Sunday fall in love with him as the man he is, not the frog he was. But Sunday is not so easy to woo. How can she feel such a strange, strong attraction for this prince she barely knows? And what twisted secrets lie hidden in his past—and hers?"


Where do I start? One of the first things that caught my attention about this book is the fact that the main character is a WRITER. Automatic attention-grabber for me as I'm a writer myself and love reading about people who share my passions. But the fact that both the main character and I are both lovers of story-telling isn't what made me really start wishing for this book, the reason for that is the fact that it is a re-telling of the princess and the frog a story which holds a great deal of special meaning for my boyfriend and I. Anything having to do with frogs is like that, why? Because the night when we both admitted to our love for one another we were out in my backyard trying to catch a frog. The frog out-witted us but we were standing out under the stars, the pesky frog croaking in the background, when he looked into my eyes and told me that he loved me and I said the same to him. Ever since frogs have been really important to us; our second movie date actually was to see Disney's Princess and the Frog. And that is why I'm wishing so hard for this book. <3

8 comments:

  1. I love retellings of fairy tales. This one sounds ridiculously sweet. I'm very excited for this book as well. And how can you not take a second look at this book with a gorgeous cover like that?!

    My WoW
    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read very many and that's something I want to change since I do love fairy tales so. I totally agree about the gorgeous cover though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWWW, ASHHH! Haha, I can't stop smiling :) That's so adorable. Seriously though, this book sounds amazing. I always love the idea of fairy tale retellings although I haven't read too many (actually, reading Cinder right now - SO GOOD <3). Great pick!

    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. It's probably one of my favorite stories of as a couple. :]

    I haven't read many fairy tale retellings either and I have no idea why. They always catch my interest.

    I'll check Cinder out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so cute! also, the story about you and your bf is so, so adorable. I love it.

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I thought it was high time I started pouring more of me into Typing Tiara and that is one of my favorite memories/stories to share. Glad you enjoyed it. :]

    ReplyDelete