Friday, October 7, 2011

Review of Rules of Attraction

My review of Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles is based on a hardcover copy of the book that I borrowed from my local library. The following review is my honest opinion.

Goodreads Summary: "When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now."

Carlos was nothing like I was expecting. [The books in this series always have the same effect on me, I start pestering my boyfriend to speak more spanish because it can be so mysteriously sexy. And he stares at me blankly. Every time.] He took being a bad boy to new levels. He cursed, he fought, he did drugs and was totally reckless. And I loved the little smart-as** for it.

I liked Kiara even more than Brittany. She wasn't the stereotypical girly-girl. Kiara was totally an original. She liked to go hiking, work on her car and spend time with her family. I loved watching her come out of her shell, reading along as her confidence grew and she proved herself. And I have to admit I loved the fact that she wasn't a skinny little beauty queen, she had real woman curves and I admire that because not all of us look like the supermodels on the cover of Vogue.

Put them together and the sparks more than flew, these two were enough to ignite explosions worse than what you'd see in today's action movies. I loved their ribbing, their pranks, and everything about their interactions. Neither Carlos or Kiara were willing to ever break down and they definitely gave each other a run for their money.

And the epilogue? Oh wow. Let's just say I love it when things come full circle.

I'm giving Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles a five out of five stars review. If you've read Perfect Chemistry and haven't picked this up, you need to. Run out and buy it, get it from your local library, harass your friends for it, whatever you have to do. You might want to grab Chain Reaction, the third Fuentes Brothers book, while you're at it. Just saying. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment