Thursday, September 29, 2011

Review of Crescendo

My review of Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick is based on a hardcover copy of the book that I borrowed from my local library. The following review is my honest opinion.

Goodreads Summary: "Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadnt been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperately searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.
"

Whenever I'm about to start the sequel to a book I absolutely loved I get incredibly nervous because seldom do sequels/series live up to their beginnings. The first few chapters of Crescendo were not at all what I was expecting and I found myself disappointed by them. But the story picked up soon after that and I found myself unable to put it down.

I'll admit that Nora bugged me in this one. She was so untrusting. She was so quick to jump to conclusions. Several times during the story I just wanted to grab her shoulders and shake her. Hard. I had been dying to get more of Patch when I got this book but unfortunately it didn't ease the craving at all really, I'm hoping that Silence will satisfy my Patch fix.

The plot was good, lots of twists and turns. I pride myself on having a good idea of where most stories are going but Crescendo threw me. There were so many things revealed to the reader that I hadn't even seen coming. I'm giving Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick a four out of five stars review.

No comments:

Post a Comment