Thursday, July 14, 2011

WRAP-UP: OU Read-a-Thon

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon


Hi you guys! I had debated on whether or not I was going to post a wrap-up post for the read-a-thon since my final update seemed to sum things up fairly well considering I had stopped reading by the time that it was posted but when I saw that everyone else was posting one I couldn't resist.

I'll start off by saying that I didn't read nearly as much as I had wanted to. In fact majority of the books I read weren't even on the list that I had set aside for the read-a-thon. I ended up reading three books: Beauty Queens by Libba Bray, Linger by Maggie Stiefvater and Forever by Maggie Stiefvater for a grand total of 1136 pages read. 

What did I learn?

(1) I LOVE read-a-thons. It was so much fun reading along with all of the other participants. I would definitely participate in the Once Upon a Read-a-Thon again and likely will hunt down a few other read-a-thons in the mean time.

(2) Next time I won't set up a stack of books that I HAVE to read. I might name a few possibilities but I won't try and tie myself down to a certain stack because it almost never works out for me.

(3) SHORTER BOOKS. This was my undoing. The first book that I had chosen to read was just short of four hundred pages and it totally burned me out. I need a break from reading afterwards. Next time I'll be pick short, light and fun reads. Easy things that will be enjoyable and quick to get through.

All in all I had a lot of fun with the read-a-thon and I'm really glad that I participated. It was my first ever read-a-thon and I learned a lot. And got to chat with some fun people on Twitter. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment