Sunday, May 22, 2011

Review of Nailed

My review of Nailed by Jennifer Laurens is based on a e-book lent to me through a lending site for my Kindle.

Goodreads Summary: "One girl. Two guys. Who says three's a crowd? When Mandy takes an unusual summer job-in construction-she has to prove she's just one of the guys. But she gets more than she bargains for being the only girl on the job. The mixture of hot guys, sunscreen, raw wood and testosterone proves to be an elixir she can't protect her heart from. Brooding Boston and flirty AJ find themselves looking at Mandy as more than just a girl who holds a hammer. Mandy soon finds herself not only lost in a whirlwind of a male-dominated world, but also the center of an inadvertently "constructed" love triangle. Mandy must choose between two guys who want her heart. But what's a girl to do when she wants them both?"

*Warning: Review may contain minor spoilers*

I wanted this book because the summary sounded fun and cute. I was expecting an easy quick read that would provide just the distraction I wanted from finals week. What I got was so much more.

No lagging in the plot, great group of characters that so put me in mind of the days spend on my Dad's construction sites, and a lot of great humor and of course romance.

It must be that whole only child thing but I'm a sucker for sibling rivalry in any of it's many incarnations. Mandy and Marcus did not disappoint. I loved the bantering between them and how you could just tell that Marc was struggling with seeing his baby sister as a woman.

Her best friend's secret literary obsession? Personally I believe wholeheartedly that more guys should read romance novels, there's a lot to be learned from them.

Romance? Steamy. Loved it. One of the best love triangles that I have ever read. Both guys had a lot going for them so it was one of those rare cases where you wanted them both...for yourself. Ultimately what it came down to was that I was happy with the decision that Mandy made though I wouldn't mind having the leftovers.

I have no real complaints about the story as a whole though I may have raised an eyebrow at the whole bathing suit on site thing. My Dad would have killed me. Dead. Than again it was Mandy's brother that she was working with so that could have led to a higher survival rate.

Have I teased you enough yet?

I'm giving Nailed by Jennifer Laurens a four out of five star review. You have got to read this book. I could not stop smiling for the majority of the book and I can guarantee you that I'll be buying a copy of my very own soon. And in the meantime I am so glad that I have a copy of Heavenly by Jennifer Laurens sitting on top of my to-be-read pile because I so need another fix. Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this review! I've read a few books from Jennifer Laurens but this is one I haven't gotten to yet. It seems good :)

    ReplyDelete