Saturday, May 14, 2011

New Loot for the Literary Treasury



Do I spy, with my lovely hazel eyes, new books!?!

Why yes, yes I do.

On the book front this has been a pretty good week for me, here's what we've got in order of appearance:

One Magic Moment by Lynn Kurland [Received via publisher through Goodreads First Reads]

Starfire Angels by Melanie Nilles [Freebie for my Kindle.]

Anathema by Megg Jensen [Purchase for my Kindle, and if you are not following this woman on Twitter you need to do it now for she is awesome.]

Dead Girl Walking by Linda Joy Singleton [Freebie for my Kindle.]

Cross My Heart by Katie Klein [On loan via my Kindle.]

The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau [On loan via my Kindle.]

Portal by Imogen Rose [On loan via my Kindle.]

The Center of Everything by Laura Moriarty [Purchase for my Kindle.]

For those of you that follow me on Twitter you'll notice that there's a book missing from this collection that I've talked about almost all week that was just recently released. That's right, there's no picture or mention of What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen. It just doesn't seem fair to claim it when it's STILL TRAPPED IN THE MAILBOX. You see the way the post office and I figure it some braniac crammed the book into the too-small box [we have the cluster-styled mailbox on my street] and this is why when I turn the key in the DURN THING WON'T TURN. What this means is that my precious book along with assorted bills and junk mail are trapped in the mailbox until the postal service sees fit to fix it. We've called numerous times and they told us that the best they can do is collect our mail today and let us pick it up from the office on Monday...that or I stalk the mailman today, armed with my ID card to prove that I'm not some crazy person trying to steal mail, and convince him to just hand it over. Adventure! Romance [if I convince my boyfriend to join me for a day of mail person stalking]! Intrigue [as I attempt to convince the mail person that his office told me to stalk him and demand the mail]!

And as always I'll let you know, in great detail, how the escapade ends.

Did you get any news book in the mail? For your e-reader? Let me know! I love hearing about new books. :D

*Note: Some books shown on this feature might be adult books, just because I have to show them off to someone, which means they won't be reviewed on Typing Tiara. If you're really curious what I thought of a book than feel free to e-mail me or comment here and I'll be sure to get back to you. I don't bite, promise, and as my bio says I LOVE to talk books.

No comments:

Post a Comment